Monday, May 19, 2008

Humanities Reflection

What? - Describe what the work is about. For example, this presentation is about a country and the requirement was .......Make sure you talk about what was expected for this work and what time it took you to complete it. Was it a group project? What input did others have to this work?

One project I did in Humanities that I liked the most was during the second term which was a powerpoint. The power point presentation was basically about a country that was randomly selected by our teacher for us. In my case, I got the country Saudi Arabia. Our requirement was to make up a slide show with at least 10 slide showing political, social, and economical factors of the country. We were required to do a great research for this project so that we could have been able to complete the task, because without research we couldn't really get the information for our power point from anywhere else. This was not a group project it was independent. However, one of my friends had the same country as me which was Saudi Arabia so we helped each other out a bit. We were given about 1 week to complete this whole project, including class time. I put in a lot of effort to this project which is why I received full marks.

So what? - Now talk about why this piece of work is significant. Is it something you are proud of? Is it something you received a high grade for? Is it something developmental that helped you reach a new level in the subject? In other words why have you chosen THIS artifact for your portfolio?

This piece of work is quite significant because of the fact that there is a lot of effort that has been put into it. I worked very hard on it and I am also very proud of it because I received the highest marks possible. I also learned a lot of new information from this research project. This is because Saudi Arabia was a country that I had never learned about. This project gave me an oppurtunity to learn many new things about the country. It taught me about their religion, government, people etc. I have chosen this particular artifact for my portfolio because of the fact that it is one of the best projects that I have done in humanities. There are more essays and projects that I have done and received good marks on, however this is one of my best ones.

Now what? - Now talk about how doing this work has improved you as a learner in the MYP program. Has it helped you organise your time and work efficiently? Has it demonstrated that you are capable of doing mathematics and so now you have a lot more confidecne than before? What are you now going to do with the new knowledge and skills you have gained from doing this work? How is this moving you along the path of life?

This particular piece of work has improved me as a learner in the MYP program because I now learned a new way of putting together work. We used the power point program, and I learned how to use it in a better way since we dont really use it in another subjects. It has helped me organize my time efficiently because everyday I focused on a certain slide that I had to work on. Since we were given a week to complete this task, I made sure that I focused on about2 slides every day because we were only required to do 10 slides for this project. It also helped me organize my work in a better way because I demonstrated it in an organized way. I have gained many skills from this project and I will make sure that I use it later on in life. I have learned how to be timely with my work and organized as well. These things are very important and I will need them later on.

No comments: